Two free classes on April 18, 2018 designed for rental property owners, managers, and staff. Both classes will be held at the Strater Hotel in Durango.
Effective Smoke-free Policies
Networking: 8:30 a.m.
Class: 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Lunch is provided
The Chronic Disease and Tobacco Team of Denver Community Public Health will educate participants on the benefits and concerns of implementing smoke-free policies in multiunit housing.
Topics will include:
Click here for more information and to register. Fair Housing 101Networking: 12:30 p.m.Class: 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.The Colorado Civil Rights Division will teach this housing anti-discrimination training, which is a great introduction to Colorado fair housing laws. The class focuses on protected classes and disability discrimination, including reasonable accommodations and modifications.Click here for more information and to register.
- Dangers of secondhand and thirdhand smoke exposure
- Benefits of implementing a smoke-free policy
- Policy communication to residents
- Legal concerns of implementing a policy in multiunit housing
- HUD's strategic plan for multiunit housing
- Steps in adopting a smoke-free policy
- Effective enforcement strategies
Click here to visit the