CHFA Offers Training for Rental Property Staff
(Durango, Colo.) - Colorado Housing and Finance Authority (CHFA), through its educational program, chfareach, is hosting two free classes on April 18 designed for rental property owners, managers, and staff. Both classes will be held at the Strater Hotel in Durango.
Effective Smoke-free Policies
Networking: 8:30 a.m.
Class: 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Lunch is provided
The Chronic Disease and Tobacco Team of Denver Community Public Health will educate participants on the benefits and concerns of implementing smoke-free policies in multiunit housing.
Topics will include:
Click here for more information and to register. Fair Housing 101
- Dangers of secondhand and thirdhand smoke exposure
- Benefits of implementing a smoke-free policy
- Policy communication to residents
- Legal concerns of implementing a policy in multiunit housing
- HUD's strategic plan for multiunit housing
- Steps in adopting a smoke-free policy
- Effective enforcement strategies
Networking: 12:30 p.m.
Class: 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The Colorado Civil Rights Division will teach this housing anti-discrimination training, which is a great introduction to Colorado fair housing laws. The class focuses on protected classes and disability discrimination, including reasonable accommodations and modifications.Click here for more information and to register.