- April 21, 2022
chfa invests $1.2 million to support college scholarships(DENVER) – Colorado Housing and Finance Authority (CHFA) is proud to announce its new Building the Future Scholarship Fund, which dedicates $1.2 million to support college education across Colorado. The multiphase, multiyear fund will provide up to 260 scholarships to be awarded over 10-year periods. CHFA created the fund to strengthen Colorado’s future workforce, advance equity in education access, and promote leadership in affordable housing and economic development.
“Investing in students to help pave the way for them to achieve personal, professional, and financial goals is essential to Colorado’s future. A college education can break down barriers and open doors that lead to stability and prosperity—and everyone deserves these opportunities,” said Cris White, CHFA executive director and CEO. “While CHFA has a history of supporting education, CHFA’s new Building the Future Scholarship Fund allows us to serve young Coloradans in a way we never have before.”
The first phase of scholarship funding has begun and will support the following schools with $100,000 in scholarships during a 10-year period, 2022-2032:
- Colorado Mesa University (four $2,500 scholarships annually)
- Colorado State University Pueblo (four $2,500 scholarships annually)
- Fort Lewis College (four $2,500 scholarships annually)
- Foundation for Colorado Community Colleges (four $2,500 scholarships annually)
- University of Colorado Denver College of Architecture and Planning (two $5,000 scholarships annually; one supporting a student with an affordable housing focus and the other supporting a student with an economic development focus)
To apply for scholarships, contact each school directly for details. CHFA will be announcing its next phase of funding later this year.
Visit chfainfo.com/scholarship to learn more.