With respect to its programs, services, activities, and employment practices, Colorado Housing and Finance Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected classification under federal, state, or local law.
Under the Federal Fair Housing Act, it is illegal to discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or familial status (e.g., have one or more children under 18 years of age in a household) with respect to the following activities:
- Sale or rental of housing;
- Advertising the sale or rental of housing;
- Financing of housing (including the making of mortgage loans);
- Providing real estate brokerage services;
- Appraisal of housing; and
- For profit, inducing or attempting induce any person to sell or rent housing by making representations regarding the entry into the neighborhood of person(s) of a particular race, color, religion, sex, disability, familial status or national origin.
In addition, it is illegal for anyone to:
- Threaten, coerce, intimidate or interfere with anyone exercising a fair housing right or assisting others who exercise that right.
- Advertise or make any statement that indicates a limitation or preference based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status, or disability.
If you believe you have been discriminated against in violation of the Federal Fair Housing Act, you may file a complaint or contact the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) at:
Denver Regional Office of FHEO
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Denver, Colorado 80202-4801
1-800-877-7353 (toll free)
(303) 672-5248 (TTY)
File a Complaint (English complaint form)
File a Complaint (Forma en Español)
Under the Federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), it is illegal to discriminate in any credit transaction, including a mortgage loan:
If you believe you have been discriminated against in violation of ECOA, you may file a complaint or contact the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at:
- On the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, or age;
- Because all or part of applicant’s income is from public assistance; or
- Because applicant has exercised a right under ECOA.
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Attention: The Office of Fair Lending
1700 G Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20552
(855) 411-CFPB (2372)
(855) 729-CFPB (2372) (TTY)
(855) 411-2372 (Para presentar una queja en Español)
File a Complaint
Under Colorado fair housing law, it is illegal for any mortgage lender to discriminate against any person in the terms, conditions, or privileges of any housing loan because of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, religion, national origin, or ancestry.
If you believe you have been discriminated against in violation of Colorado fair housing law, you may file a complaint or contact the Colorado Civil Rights Division at:
Colorado Civil Rights Division
Department of Regulatory Agencies
1560 Broadway, Suite 1050
Denver, CO 80202
V/TDD: Dial 711 for Relay Colorado
Housing Complaint Intake Packet (in English)
Material para presentar una queja en Español
Below please find links to additional information about your fair lending rights:
Federal Trade Commission: Helpful tools to protect yourself from discrimination
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: Credit Discrimination Information