- Home purchase loan programs
- Grants and second mortgage loans for down payment and/or closing cost assistance
General Program RequirementsThe following are some of CHFA’s general requirements:
- All borrowers have a mid-credit score of 620 or higher
- Total borrower income must not exceed CHFA’s income limits
- Attend a CHFA-approved homebuyer education class (in person or online) prior to loan closing
- Make a minimum borrower financial contribution of at least $1,000 toward the purchase of the home
In addition to meeting CHFA program requirements, borrowers must qualify according to the underwriting guidelines as determined by one of CHFA’s Participating Lenders.
Important Next Steps
- Take a homebuyer education class:
- You must complete a CHFA-sponsored homebuyer education class before closing on your home loan under a CHFA program. We recommend taking the class early in your housing search so that you are prepared to find a lender and real estate agent who are the best fit for you.
- In-person and online options are available.
- Register for a class today!
- Contact a CHFA Participating Lender:
- CHFA loan programs are available through our statewide network of CHFA Participating Lenders.
- A CHFA Participating Lender will help you determine which CHFA loan programs will work for you. They will walk you through the entire loan process from application to closing.