CHFA continues to accept, process, and purchase home mortgage loans daily. We are committed to fulfilling our mission and making affordable homeownership available to our community. Learn more at www.chfainfo.com/chfastrong.
Additional information on continuing CHFA-wide updates related to COVID-19 can be found here.
We offer a Homebuyer 101 Webinar
Check out upcoming Homebuyer 101 Webinar dates.
Did you know...
- We offer conventional, FHA, VA, and USDA-RD loans.
- Non-first-time homebuyers are accepted on most CHFA loan programs.
- Two of our most popular programs no longer require CHFA review before closing.
- We have up to 3% down payment assistance as a grant and up to 4% as a non-interest bearing second mortgage loan.
- We have loan programs available for borrower(s) with credit scores of 620 and higher.
- Generous income limits on most programs; our most popular program has a $130,200 income limit.
- There is a maximum loan limit of the lower of $647,200 or the loan limit required by FHA, VA, USDA-RD, Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, as applicable.
- Qualifying income is accepted on most CHFA loan programs.
- Homebuyers do not need to put 20% down to qualify for CHFA loans (3.5% for FHA loan programs and 3% for conventional loan programs)
View the most commonly-asked questions about CHFA home loan programs and sign up for the CHFA Real Estate Professional eNews to stay on top of CHFA Home Finance information.